In this section
Patients with multiple sclerosis, severe epilepsy, or undergoing chemotherapy could be given drug despite safety fears Ireland is set to... Read more
MDMA - that’s 3-4 methylenedioxy-methamphetamine to you - is a synthetic stimulant in the amphetamine family. It was first
Read all news
Industry leading testing services
The Forensic Testing Service laboratory 7550 is accredited to the International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and our experienced team service law firms, local authorities and courts around the country.
Our head office and laboratory are based in Mirfield, West Yorkshire, ideally situated to provide coverage throughout England and Wales.
FTS have raised the bar in reducing the risk of a miscarriage of justice where substance misuse issues are thought to be a factor in care cases – if required, FTS can notify you if other compounds are found when carrying out testing for the drugs specified in the instruction, at no cost.
Bespoke Lab Process for care cases - nothing is left to chance to ensure courts are not mislead
- Hair orientation confirmed – a mechanical test and microscopic investigation of hair samples is carried out before testing
- Clients declaration is validated re: use of dyes/bleaches and periods used – all hair samples inspected and relevant observations recorded
- FTS differentiate passive contamination from active use – the wash is also tested and the wash to extract ratios are calculated
- FTS incorporate a unique analytical control process to ensure an accurate interpretation of drug levels can be made in context with external influences
- FTS Identify a broad range of lesser known but commonly abused drugs in addition to the drugs of concern that are selected for testing
- FTS use a unique profile of alcohol markers for assessing alcohol use – this process improves the ability to differentiate acceptable from excessive drinking